Open Position: Part Time/Temporary Packaging Room Coordinator
Bluebird Grain Farms is a certified organic “plow to plate” grain producer located in Winthrop, Washington. We specialize in the production of ancient grains such as Emmer Farro and Einkorn Farro. We are currently seeking a Temporary Packaging Room Coordinator to fill in while our permanent Packaging Room Coordinator is away on maternity leave.
The Temporary Packaging Room Coordinator is responsible for:
- Filling and shipping all direct retail, CSA, and prepackaged wholesale and distributor orders.
- Stocking the shelves at local retail establishments
- Stocking the shelves and cabinet in the packaging room
- Ensuring that packaging supplies are reordered and stocked as necessary
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization in the Packaging Room
- Managing the labelling of all bags.
- Monitoring email communications with CSA customers
- A positive attitude and ability to respectfully communicate with co-workers and owners
- Ability to remain focused and efficient while performing repetitive tasks for several hours at a time, including applying labels to bags, filling and sealing bags with whole grains and flour, and assembling cardboard case boxes
- Ability to repeatedly lift 1-5 pounds for extended periods, and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Good personal hygiene and willingness to follow food safety requirements
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- This position is part-time and requires approximately 20 hours per week.
- Position starts as soon as possible and ends December 22. Possibility of continuing employment exists for the right candidate depending on our sales volume. You will be filling in for our permanent Packaging Room Coordinator while she is away on maternity leave.
- You will be asked to use your personal vehicle for work duties (local deliveries). Bluebird will compensate you for any business use of your vehicle.
- The position is paid hourly at $13-$16 per hour, DOE.
- 15 pounds/month allowance of bulk Bluebird products for personal use, plus option to purchase retail products at wholesale price
Position is open until filled. If interested, please submit a resume and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.